My research is phenomenology—philosophy of technology, meaning in life, art/music
• Distracted from Meaning: A Philosophy of Smartphones (Bloomsbury Academic, 2022).
• “Performance, Technology, and the Good Life,” in The Oxford Handbook on the Phenomenology of Music (forthcoming).
• “On the Divide: Analytic and Continental Philosophy of Music,” The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism 75, no. 1 (2017): 49–58;
• “From the Author’s Perspective: Groove: A Phenomenology of Rhythmic Nuance,” American Society for Aesthetics Newsletter, Spring 2015;
• Groove: A Phenomenology of Rhythmic Nuance, Bloomsbury Academic, 2014;
• Key Terms in Philosophy of Art, Bloomsbury Academic, 2013;
• “In Praise of Ambiguity: Musical Subtlety and Merleau-Ponty,” Contemporary Aesthetics 11 (2013);
• “Philosophy of Music,” in The Grove Dictionary of American Music, second edition. Ed., Charles Hiroshi Garrett, (Oxford University Press, 2013). Also published online at Grove Music Online (Oxford Music Online, Oxford University Press);
• “Musical Experience, Philosophical Perspectives,” in The Oxford Companion to Consciousness. Eds., Tim Bayne, Axel Cleeremans, and Patrick Wilken (Oxford University Press, 2009) Also published online at Oxford Reference.